Just Tell Me a Lie Just Tell Me a Lie

I think if this was mixed properly it'd actually be pretty good! I think your voice sounds pretty good. If you have the separates and are able to get them outta your DAW I wouldn't mind seeing if I could mix this to sound better just for practice and to try and hear what's actually lying beneath all this mess. If you do decide to do something like that, remove all the effects first, set the levels to 0db (just normal level without being moved up or down) and panned center. If the separate audio files are recorded decently, it'd be worth mixing this to hear for everyone's sake and I'd be up for that when I get the chance.

Don't Give Up Don't Give Up

Wow. I did not expect this at all and the execution is absolutely flawless. It's not even a style of music I listen to but I'm really enjoying this and I'm incredibly impressed not only by the song, but your versatility. Fantastic work and good luck in the competition! :)

bassfiddlejones responds:

Thank you sir gorilla! We decided to go for it, haha. Totally uncharted territory

Gladiolus Gladiolus

This is absolutely beautiful, Jordi. I'm so happy it came together. The lyrics are great and are also particular poignant in context, even though I'm not sure it's necessarily about a particular situation, but I'm sure everyone can relate to them. Wonderful work!

etherealwinds responds:

eeeek thank you, temporary competitor. haha you're so diplomatic with your wording, reminds me of me ^_~

I'm happy you liked it, and I'm actually happy you made a cameo in Grant and Ethan's track! Might be the only time we get the chance to face off each other!

My Firefly My Firefly

I love this so much, John. It was such a pleasure and honour doing some work with you, especially on such an excellent track. I hadn't heard the bridge before and it's a wonderful touch. And that vocal chopping at the end was amazing! I want to get Ableton just so you can share this session with me because I feel like I could learn a bunch from what you did. Excellent work, I love this.

PS. I hear which line you wanted a second version of and I'll do it for you if you like when I get the chance :) Sorry I wasn't able to get to it. And sorry for saying sorry. Sory. Hemlo. Joooooordi

johnfn responds:

yOU MADE THIS TRACK COME TOGETHER

THE TRUE MVP

Simple (ft. Michelle Kim) Simple (ft. Michelle Kim)

Damn it, this is great, Steelside! I'm working on a piece that incorporates similar electronic/vocal elements and you've really demonstrated how to execute this style really damn well and it's quite inspiring. Fantastic work! I'm super impressed by this one. Definitely my favourite out of the 16 that I've heard so far.

Piledriver Piledriver

Killer as always, Jamie. Excellent work!

TSRBand responds:

Thanks for checking it out! \m/

Stray Stray

How...how are you so good and only 16 years old? This blew my mind so hard. I can't describe the level of talent and skill I'm hearing here and the fact that you're only 16 makes that reaction a hundred times stronger. You are an utterly phenomenal talent and I'd love to hear how you got to this point. There's room for improvement with the mix and obviously better VSTs would help, but those are minor in comparison with the level of skill required to create a piece with such a well-thought out arrangement and composition. Stunning, remarkable, fantastic and honestly quite unbelievable work.

Also, teach me pls.

Miyolophone responds:

I'm a terrible teacher tho ;-;
Thank you so much! I finally did an age reveal to score extra sympathy points with the judges in NGUAC, not that it really did much to help haha but I'm happy it ended up impressing somebody, anyway... and to be fair, I did spend quite a long time composing this one. Patience always helps, of course.

Circutronics - NGADM Circutronics - NGADM

Very full arrangement you have here, but it's mixed really nicely so it fits together. The parts where you automate the low passes and the song dips down before building up are great. I also love the progression that hits at 1:17. And that drum fill around 1:28 is juicy as hell.

Good luck this round and great work with this track! :)

Spadezer responds:

Alright, all kind words from you. I got a little nervous seeing all of that text from you lol.

Again, I wish you luck. This is shaping up to be a great round

-Dark Matter- -Dark Matter-

Was about to go to bed but couldn't resist listening! :D Great work on this, man. Such great energy and I really dig your drops too! I expect a close fight :) I'll upload early next week and wish you all the best too!

NGADM 2017 Round of 32 Podcast NGADM 2017 Round of 32 Podcast

I really enjoyed this, Chrono! Thanks for taking the time to make it. I agree that you have a great voice for podcasting. Hope to hear more from you in future rounds!

ChronoNomad responds:

Aw, thanks a bunch, McG! As long as you guys enjoy them, that's enough to keep me making more of them throughout the duration of the Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch. One per round seems to be working out nicely.

And more voice compliments! Jeez, you're all so sweet... I think I'm getting cavities! ;D